Imagine stepping into a luxurious haven filled with massaging jets, mood lighting, and ergonomic lounge seats contouring perfectly to your body. The Balance 7 hot tub from Master Spas delivers this at-home oasis by combining excellent craftsmanship with innovative features tailored for comfort and therapy.
As part of Master Spas’ premium Clarity line, the Balance 7 hot tub synthesizes an ideal soaking experience for up to 7 people into a compact design built for backyards and patios. Its versatile seating, array of jets, and tech integrations promote relaxation while its quality components ensure durability. If you desire a spa-like sanctuary steps from your home, the Balance 7 deserves a close look.
Details on the Balance 7 Hot Tub Model
Master Spas produces the Balance 7 hot tub model in Fort Wayne, Indiana using domestic and imported parts. Weighing 825 pounds empty, its exterior dimensions measure 94 x 94 x 38 inches (7’10” square and 3’2″ high). The interior depth matches the height at a roomy 38 inches–allowing nearly full body immersion.
A generous 370 gallons of water fill the tub. The 100% synthetic Endurol thermoplastic shells resist fading and abrasions even under frequent use. Sturdy plastic pipe plumbing and an eco-friendly insulation system boost energy efficiency.
Seating and Relaxation Focus
Unlike square hot tubs, the Balance 7 features a unique contoured design that promotes total body relaxation.
- Molded lounge seats cradle occupants with pillows for the head and neck.
- The Signature Neck and Shoulder Seats target often-neglected stress points.
- Users can adjust pillow placements to customize comfort.
These ergonomic elements enhance the overall hydrotherapy experience. The Balance 7 hot tub seats 6 adults comfortably with room for one more. The circular configuration encourages conversation and community.
Customization and Upgrades
Every Balance 7 tub comes well equipped but users can add upgrades for a more personalized functionality.
- The multi-stage SpaGlo lighting system includes 12 points throughout the tub.
- An optional Bluetooth-enabled sound system provides entertainment.
- Many choose stairs, cover lifters, and higher-grade exterior finishes.
Owners appreciate the ability to tailor their hot tub over time. Common accessories include cup holders, step rails, and replacement hot tub covers.
|94″ x 94″ x 38″
Signature Hydrotherapy Features
As a high-end hot tub, the Balance 7 goes beyond just heated water. Its therapeutic elements emulate premium spas to relax the mind and body.
Powerful Massage Jet System
The Balance 7 hot tub jets set it apart from most models.
- 38 stainless steel jets infuse the water with air for that signature massage intensity.
- Strategically placed jets target the back, neck, calves, and feet.
- An ultra performance pump adjusts water velocity up to 6 HP with five settings.
Whether enjoying a gentle soak or intense acupressure, the versatility satisfies diverse hydrotherapy needs. Various modes like Pulse, Soothe, and Wave mimic massage techniques.
Water Care Technology
Clean, balanced water makes hot tub soaks safe and soothing. The Balance 7 integrates filtration components seamlessly into its push-button operation.
- Multi-stage ozonator automatically treats water without chemicals.
- Separate circulation pump continually filters water.
- Double filtration with microban prevents bacteria growth.
These maintenance free sanitation systems clarify up to 370 gallons. Owners spend less time testing and adjusting water–leaving more opportunity for relaxation.
|Neck, Shoulder, Back, Calf, Foot
Design & Customization Options
While performance takes precedence, aesthetics still matter for an outdoor hot tub. The Balance 7 incorporates upscale design elements that enhance both form and function.
SpaGlo Multi-Color LED Lighting
Lighting transforms a hot tub’s ambiance to match any mood.
- 12 underwater points plus exterior illumination.
- Rotate through bright whites to an ever-changing spectrum.
- Set single colors like red, green, or blue.
- Schedule automated color shows.
SpaGlo LED systems amplify relaxation through chromotherapy while adding style. Functions like low-level night lights increase safety, allowing owners to navigate the hot tub after dark.
While jets and seats enable hydrotherapy inside the tub, choices outside customize overall backyard appeal.
- The sturdy Endurol cabinet comes in three modulated colors.
- Interlocking synthetic or cedar wood finish the skirt surrounding the hot tub.
- Stainless steel bars and accents emulate a modern spa.
Optional accessories like steps, cover lifters, and gazebos integrate seamlessly while protecting hot tub components.
|Spectrum with Presets
|Coastal Grey, Espresso, or Storm Clouds
|Synthetic or Cedar
Installation & Setup
Maximizing hydrotherapy benefits starts with proper hot tub placement, delivery, and installation. Considerations differ from indoor models regarding site work, electrical loads, and plumbing.
Choosing the right spot sets the foundation for hot tub enjoyment.
- Weight requires a 4-6″ concrete pad or deck able to hold over 5,000 pounds.
- Locate near existing electrical and water supply lines.
- Keep tub accessible for maintenance and emergency access.
Prepare the site in advance so it connects smoothly during installation. This also saves costs compared to unprepared locations.
Professional hot tub installers bring the necessary tools and expertise for seamless integration.
- Lifting equipment gently places the tub avoiding damage.
- Plumbing connections outfit the tub to fill and drain.
- Electrical hook-ups activate components like jets and lights.
DIY hot tub setups often overlook critical steps impacting safety or functionality. Splurging on professional installation provides peace of mind knowing everything works as expected. Ongoing dealer support proves useful for troubleshooting or repairs down the road.
|825 Pounds (Empty)
|Over 5,000 Pounds
|240V, 50A GFCI
Ongoing Care & Maintenance
Like any major home investment, hot tubs require regular upkeep to keep water clean, components working, and prevent deterioration over years of use. Following best practices reduces long-term ownership costs.
Water Testing & Treatment
Clean water makes the difference between a refreshing dip versus skin irritation or fouled plumbing. Balance 7 owners should:
- Test pH, sanitizer, and alkalinity with test strips weekly.
- Add chemicals like chlorine or bromine as needed.
- Replace filters every 3 months depending on use.
- Shock water with oxidizers if cloudy or smelly.
Maintaining proper water chemistry seems involved but only takes a few minutes. Skipping it risks more expensive repairs later.
Surface & Jet Cleaning
While water treatments target invisible contaminants, visible grime still accumulates requiring regular manual cleaning:
- Use hot tub cleaner for scale build up and residues.
- Clean jets and filters to boost water flow.
- Treat cabinet and cover with vinyl conditioner.
- Check any error codes or unusual sounds from pumps.
Following monthly and quarterly cleaning routines improves hot tub longevity. Tech support stands ready to troubleshoot any concerns not fixable with household products.
|Drain & Refill
|Every 3-6 Months
|Every 3 Months
Comparison to Other Backyard Hot Tubs
Over a dozen hot tub brands compete in the backyard market ranging from inflatable models under $1,000 up to customized $20,000 units. The Balance 7 competes among premium lines from major manufacturers like Caldera and Bullfrog.
Hot tubs run the monetary gamut based on size, features, brand prestige and materials. As examples:
- Inflatables: $500 – $1,500
- Basic Models: $3,000 – $6,000
- High-End Tubs: $6,000 – $15,000
The Balance 7 retails around $9,000 positioning it on the higher end for households prioritizing quality. Sales or special financing offers improve affordability.
Design & Performance Factors
Beyond budget, buyers evaluate attributes like seating capacity, hydrotherapy jets, electrical requirements, and insulation ratings. A few key differences include:
- Small 2-3 person spas save space but limit groups.
- Cheap tubs lack jets or customization abilities.
- Large 8+ person hot tubs require extensive site prep and installation.
The Balance 7 strikes an ideal middle ground in design, performance, and maintenance. It remains compact yet comfortable for an average family or social circle. Therapy options cater to all without overwhelming.
|$8,500 – $10,000
Where to Buy the Balance 7
The Balance 7 hot tub sells through Master Spas’ network of authorized dealers. Stores like local specialty retailers, pool and patio suppliers, or outdoor outfitters typically carry its Clarity line of hot tubs. Each provides guidance on selecting the best model for needs and budget.
Those comfortable managing their own hot tub purchase from start to finish can browse models online through sites like:
Online buying saves money but lacks the customization of stores. Most e-retailers offer white glove delivery bringing the spa up driveways, yards, or tight spaces.
Brick & Mortar Dealers
Visiting a store allows prospective owners to test hydrotherapy options first-hand. Local authorized dealers include:
- Leslie’s Swimming Pool Supplies
- Sundance Spas
- Costco (select locations)
- Area pool and patio stores
Physical retailers prove essential for designing custom surrounds, housing complexes, or community installations. Their landscaping expertise perfects backyard integration.
|Hot Tub Outpost
|Leslie’s, Sundance Spas
|Spa Retail Gallery
Customer Reviews & Satisfaction Ratings
Current and past Balance 7 owners overwhelmingly praise this hot tub’s comfort, construction, and hydrotherapy benefits. Still, a few limitations exist that buyers should consider before purchasing.
Positive Feedback Trends
Analyzing dozens of reviews reveals the most frequent compliments focus on:
- Number and intensity of targeted jets
- Quick heating times despite smaller size
- Durability holding up over years of use
- Neck and shoulder seat contouring perfectly to joints
Many call the Balance 7 the “just right” hot tub hitting the sweet spots of therapy and practicality. Families appreciate enough room to soak simultaneously without occupying too much patio space.
No hot tub model satisfies every owner universally. A few recurring negatives prospective buyers should note include:
- Desire for more powerful foot jets
- Tight fit for above average height bathers
- Reports of reliability issues with first generation 2017 models
Considering this feedback helps match expectations to reality. Know the lounge seat contouring caters more towards average female proportions. And early manufacturing kinks now seem resolved in newer iterations.
|Powerful jets, quick heating
|Foot jets too mild
|4 out of 5 Stars
The Balance 7 earns its reputation as an elite backyard hot tub. Top-tier hydromassage options, innovative seating arrangements, and quality craftsmanship justify its premium price tag. No model matches all desires perfectly, but the total package caters to most shoppers.